Friday, June 22, 2012

Music To Have Sex To: The R and B Edition

Barry White
Cover of Barry White
Personally, I think that the sexiest music to have sex to is either r and b or ambient. No offense to smooth jazz (which I love) but it's this generation's muzak. It's played in elevators, dentist's offices, and is used as hold music for companies like Verizon; not exactly bring up romance.
I'll keep this post about r and b (I'll do another post for ambient on another post). Any mention of sexy r and b music has to begin with the Maestro of Love: Barry White. Women hear his music and  their panties automatically drop. It's been scientifically proven. Play any song of Barry White in a supermarket and I guarentee you someone's having sex in the produce aisle. Next, you have to have Luther Vandross, Al Greene, Maxwell, Deangelo, and Sade.
Those are the artists that you should have their complete catalogs in your system. There are some individual songs that are must haves for your collection. Beware: I'm old school so you're not going to get too many new songs on here and definitely NO Birthday Sex (worst song of the decade, hands down).
Start with the ultimate sexy song: Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On. Also, Chaka Khan's Through the Fire, Ain't Nobody, & Sweet Thang. Herb Alpert's Rise and Making Love in the Rain, Jonny Gill's My My My, Mtume's Juicy Fruit, SOS Band's Just be Good to Me, Teddy Pendergrass's Turn Off The Lights, Force MDs' Tender Love, and Tara Kemp's Just Wanna Hold You Tight and Piece of my Heart. Wow. Can't tell what era I grew up in, huh?
There are tons of other great r and b love making songs but those are some of my favorites and is far from complete. Feel free to add your favorites in the comments section. Just NO BIRTHDAY SEX!!! It's your birthday so I'm feeling so riiiiiiii.....OH SHUT UP!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment