Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
Yes, I would want to have myself as a friend. The one thing about me is that I take friendships very seriously. As such, I have a lot of acquaintances but very few friends and can count the number of them on one hand. I'm the type of friend who will not only kill for you, I'll bury the body.
Loyalty is huge with me in friendships. If I'm your friend, I am loyal to you in good times but more importantly, in bad times. John F Kennedy used to use a quote that said, I believe, "success has many friends but failure has many orphans". True friends don't show themselves when the good times are rolling. True friends show themselves when the bad times hit. They hold your hand and make sure you're ok. They call at any time of the day or night just to say hi and lift your spirits.
When someone disappoints me, I take it very personally. It's a fault, I realize, but I'm not going to change. It may, in fact, be my best trait. That's why I try not to disappoint and that's why I'd want myself as a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment