Friday, June 8, 2012

Relationships: How Functional is Functional?

It's no secret that one of my favorite blogs is Cande's Secret Diary of an Online Stripper. There are many reasons for this:
1. She's artistic and I love artistic women
2. She's fit and you know how I love fit ladies
3. She's fucking sexy as hell
4. She's extremely smart
5. She lays her thoughts and heart out there for all the world to see
In short, this lady melts me. The fact that she's in Italy and that she no longer online strips (except with an extremely select few) kills me, but I digress. The reason why I bring her up is because she's written a few blog posts lately concerning relationships and the meaning thereof. They make for some great reading and I encourage everyone to read them and the rest of her blog. Both it and her are a complete turn-on.
Her last blog spoke about functional relationships. It made me think about relationships in general. To me, there are many relationships in life. There are the ones that are family related (be it blood related or marriage / in-law related), friendships, co-workers (who are actually your second family, since you probably spend more time with them than your own real family) and of course, your boyfriend / girlfriend / husband / wife. All of them grow over time. As much as people like to think that they will always stay the same forever, they do not. Many things get in the way. Health issues and monetary issues will test anyone's soul. Character issues are another source (infidelity, greed for another's money, etc). Everything needs to be juggled throughout your life.
Cande asks where do you draw the line and say that your relationship is functional enough for you. I wish I had the answer. In my life, everything ebbs and flows. I know I don't want a relationship because I'm married to my work, for starters. Someone told me it's because I'm afraid of commitment. That's not it at all. I was in a committed relationship when I was younger. These days, I love too many things about women and sex to be in a relationship. To me, it's better to just be myself than to be in a relationship and to lie to either myself or the woman I'm in the relationship with.
 
Some people want to go into relationships and change who they're with. I don't want to be changed, ever. I love who I am. I am a smart black male with a good body for my age and a large cock who has the sex drive of a nymphomaniac. I'm also a capitalist who loves money, power, and material things and I know the way the world works and it is not fair by a long shot. Above all, I know who I am and what I want and I won't stop until I get them. That may make me as shallow as a kiddie pool but it's my kiddie pool and nobody's changing either it or me. If people can't handle that, find someone else's pool to fill.
 
I know what I want out of each of my relationships (in every format I've described above) and how much time and energy I want to devote to them. Does it make me selfish? Honestly, yes. However, I've learned throughout life that you have to be selfish, to a certain extent. The only one who's going to look out for yourself is you. People may feel sorry for you but in the end, it's your life and you are ultimately responsible for what goes on with it. The sooner you learn that and stop blaming the world for your problems, the better off you'll be. Don't listen to public opinion and stay true to who you are and your own goals. That's something I learned from my mother, especially after her divorce. It's a lesson that I've taken to heart and it goes a long way to explaining who I am, what I do, and why I do it.
 
Does it make me cruel and heartless when it comes to various relationships? Probably. Have I soured on relationships? I think so. Will I ever settle down with one woman? At this moment in time, I tend to doubt it. However, that's the beauty of relationships, isn't it? They ebb and flow and you just never know. That's what makes life so exciting. Maybe I'll meet a woman who will be all things to me. Until then, I'll enjoy the search.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment