Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TMI Question - What is Your Favorite Movie

Opening logo to the Star Wars filmsImage via WikipediaToday's TMI question is about my favorite movie. This is different from what the best movie ever made is, which most critics have surmised is Citizen Kane (Netflix it. It's awesome). 

My favorite movie of all time is Star Wars. There's a reason. It was the movie that helped me escape from what was a pretty bad childhood. I was privileged to have been alive when Star Wars came out. Nobody had ever seen anything like it. The opening shot with the Star Destroyer going over your head made all of our mouths drop. From there, I was hooked. I've seen all the movies too many times to count. I could probably do the original movie's dialogue in my sleep. It spoke to a (at that time) 10 year old like no other thing ever had.

The second choice would probably be Raiders of the Lost Ark for the exact same reasons. I owe George Lucas and Steven Spielberg my sanity.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment